Chocolate Avocado Smoothie is a Dairy-Free. It gets it’s creaminess from avocado instead of ice cream. If you want to avoid dairy then you can use regular low-fat milk and any type of semi-sweet or bitter-sweet chocolate chips in instead of nondairy chocolate chips.
Ingredients: (2 servings)
- 1 halved and pitted ripe avocado
- 1½ cups vanilla almond milk or other nondairy vanilla milk
- 3 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar or maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons nondairy semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 12 ice cubes
Production: (10 minutes to prepare)
- Scrape avocado into a blender. Add milk, cocoa, brown sugar or maple syrup, melted chocolate and vanilla. Pulse and smash until smooth. Add ice and puree until solid and cool.
- To melt chocolate, microwave it in a bowl (on Medium) for 1 minute. Blend and continue microwaving on Medium, stirring every 20 seconds until melted.